Thursday 4 December 2014

Blogmas Day 3 | You're It! The Me-Time Tag

If you've read this blog for a while, you'll know that I love tag posts the same way Ash loves catching Pokémon. I found this one on Makeup Savvy and was immediately excited that it was a new one that I could do! I mightn't be as busy as some people, but I love my "me-time" as much as the next person -- this tag was naturally bound to appear!


1. What do you like to watch or read during me-time?

Anything I feel like -- which is what I really enjoy about additional "me-time". I'll watch any TV show that I fancy -- at the moment, it's Resurrection -- and read any book I feel like. It's more or less anything that I can do at my pace.

2. What do you wear during me-time?

It depends on what I'm doing for the day. Usually it'll be jeans and a t-shirt, sometimes a dress, sometimes tracksuit pants and a singlet -- heck, sometimes I'll just have a pyjama day!

3. What are your favourite me-time beauty products?

I'm not really too sure. I think it's anything that's not in my Daily Tote, a little tote basket where I keep the items I tend to read for on an everyday basis. Being able to play with different eye shadow palettes, taking the time to paint my nails or straighten my hair... That sort of thing.

4. Current favourite nail polish?

At the moment, I'm really loving Butter London's "Primrose Hill Picnic" polish. It's a really cute Barbie pink colour.

5. What do you eat or drink during me-time?

Sometimes nothing, sometimes a lot. I don't think really think my eating habits are too affected.

6. Current favourite candle?

We don't have any candles at home!

7. Do you ever have outdoor me-time?

I used to. When my kitten was alive, I liked to sit outside with him, where he'd fall asleep on my lap or my chest while I read a book -- before falling asleep myself. Now that he's gone, I don't go outside so much. Maybe occasionally if the weather is really, really nice, but not for very long.

8. Would you ever go and watch a film alone?

Not normally. It would have to be a film that I wanted to see so much that I thought, "To hell with waiting for someone!" When Star Wars Episode III came out, I think I went and saw it five times on my own, so I can't really say I'd never do it.

9. Favourite online shop?

Hmm! I don't shop online because I don't have a debit or credit card (for my own financial safety!) but I do love to check out Mecca from time to time.

10. Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?

It's anything I want, really! That's the whole beauty of it all -- I always have "me-time", so to speak, in that although I study full-time, work part-time, and tutor on the side, I always make time for the things I enjoy doing. This being said, I find that when times get tough and I need to knuckle down on more important things, I'll put more and more things I enjoy doing on the back-burner: TV shows get neglected, my knitting gathers dust in a corner, I go makeup-free more often. When I get the time back to do the things I had to put off, I really enjoy it and value it all the more -- and I think it makes me altogether a more agreeable person!

I tag you to do this if you've got the letter 'R' in your name somewhere! Leave me a link with your me-time answers so that I can read them!

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment