|My face wearing makeup that Danielle sent me because I wished upon a star for it.
1. What do you wish you knew when you were younger?I wish I'd known that I had the power to take opportunities. I've let a few of them stare me in the face and then walk away, and I think my life would be different if I'd been able to carpe diem like a boss. That's not to say that I regret any of the decisions that I've made in my life, but I know that I could've made ones which were better again.
2. Where do you wish you could live?Oh Cornwall, in England, without a doubt! I could then perhaps retire in Malta.
3. What is one thing you wish you could do?I wish I could run at least as fast as the average person. The Pokémon Slowpoke was, in fact, named after me. (No it wasn't.)
4. What would you wish to be better at?Getting myself organised. I always try, but I can never seem to pull it together. I'm really not sure how everyone else is able to do it. It's probably because I'm Slowpoke, Slowbro and Slowking all rolled up in one human.
5. What do you wish to become when you were little?A writer! From the time I was 7 up until I was 12, I loved reading so much that I wanted to be an author. Books like What's the Matter, Kelly Bean? and Harry Potter had a huge part to play in it. From then, I wanted to teach: first primary school (because I thought it would be easy), then secondary (because I then realised that I was wrong), at first teaching Japanese but then to teach English in Japan -- and it was only when I had a horrible time in my final year of school that I decided to throw away the whole teaching scheme and become an archaeologist.
Ironically, I'm now back on the path of teaching.
6. Is there anything you wish you could change about the world?If I could change anything, I'd try to put an end to hunger. I'm honestly not sure how I'd go about doing it, because these things are always more complicated than they ever seem to be, but I honestly feel like nobody should go hungry. Not those in third-world countries, not those living on the streets, not those in low economic areas.
I would also make makeup cheaper in Australia. Ain't nobody got time for $36 MAC lipsticks.
7. What is your "biggest wish"?I want to be happy. I want to not feel alone. I wish to have my cat back. Life the last few years has felt like it's been a lot of "one step forward, three steps back" and it's quite exhausting.
That's about it for this mini-tag! If you'd like to have a crack it, do so and send me your link so that I can read your answers.