Thursday 11 December 2014

Blogmas Day 10 | Mecca Beauty Loop L3 Unboxing

It's official. I've done it. I've spent a tidy fortune at Mecca. Of course, it's really not too hard to do, especially when you're constantly finding high end must-haves that like to drill a little hold into your pocket. I got the email telling me that my Level 3 Beauty Loop box was ready for pickup ages ago, but for whatever reason, I never really got around to writing up an unboxing post -- but here it is, late in true Padawan style!

Being a Level 3 member at Mecca is supposed to be the crème de la crème -- there's all kinds of supposed invitations, perks, etc. Of course, one girl's ideas of perks don't necessarily corroborate with another girl's ideas -- and I've been told that at times the Level 1 boxes are better than the higher tier boxes, but again that all comes down to personal preference.

As usual, I got four sample sizes of various products -- thankfully, no sachets! I find that I have little luck with sachets; I often take three hours to open them (because using scissors would be sensible) and then I end up using up too much at once!


Thirdman Eau Monumentale Fragrance || This is supposed to be a really great fragrance, citrusy and fresh. It's cologne-based, so to me it smells a little more masculine than what I'm used to. It's not particularly strong when you spray it, and it's very subtle on the skin. A 250mL bottle of this costs $175, which I feel is a hefty price -- and yet not quite when I consider the price of upmarket perfumes.

Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial || This sample is in a tube, which I quite like -- no needing to mess about with sachets! I haven't used this yet, but it's supposed to help with skin elasticity, even out skintone and reduce skin perfections. A 75mL tube is $59.

By Terry Baume De Rose || I have one of these from my previous Level 2 box, and I'm happy for it. I haven't used it up yet because I don't use it all the time, but it's great for conditioning my lips when they feel a bit dry at night. It has a strong rose scent -- not overpowering, but noticeable and not lingering. This little 3g pot is worth about $25!

Mecca Cosmetica To Save Eyes SPF30 Hydrating Eye Cream || This I have used, several times, and it is pretty good! It's just the thing that I need when I wake up after a rough, restless night and my eyes look like I've come off the set of The Walking Dead. I rollerball this stuff on my under-eye and poof! the puffiness and the redness is gone! A full-sized tube of this is $35.

Overall, I'm pleased with the contents of this box, especially the eye cream. I like that I've gotten products from brands that I wouldn't normally buy from, it gives me new stuff to try and (although this is likely the idea) new stuff to buy!

Have you unboxed anything lately?

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment