Thursday 30 October 2014

12 Day Blogger Challenge - My Current Favourite Springtime Look

This post is going to be a little late by the time it goes up -- I blame the potatoes for taking so long to cook at dinner tonight! However, as it's still technically Wednesday at time of writing... I don't think it matters too much.

Amy's challenge for Day 7 of the 12 Day Blogger Challenge was to do a seasonal-inspired post, so I thought I'd share my favourite, easy springtime look! It uses really pretty golden colours that I think make it easily tweakable for those who are in the middle of autumn. I think my favourite thing about this look is that it's relatively fuss-free -- there are so many days at the moment where I cannot be bothered going through a full make-up routine, especially when my skin's going nuts.

So let's get to it!

Sarah a la Plain Jane
Thanks to a hearty, healthy diet of Wokka noodle boxes, iced tea and chocolate, my skin's been experiencing intermittent bursts of ick, however I feel like it's been a lot better due to this next product in particular.


I started by using the Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector instead of a primer -- it's a product I'm trying to get a feel for whilst trying to keep this particular regime quite easy. I got this in my Parcel by Marie Claire, and I really believe that it has improved my skin texture somewhat. I'm not someone who notices a difference in her skin unless it's remarkably different, so for me, it means something. Then, instead of foundation, I applied Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector in "Light" -- this particular BB Cream is suited for combination/oily skin, and I quite like the finish it leaves on my skin. If I'm in a hurry, I'll quickly smooth it into my face with my fingers.

While waiting for the BB cream to settle a little, I moved onto my eyes.


For this particular look, the hero is the Chi Chi Brights palette (one that I picked up a while ago and consequently have been planning to review for ages). It's a great moderately-priced palette by an Australian company and although I had my misgivings originally, I've since found it to be solid palette. I started by using Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my eyelids. It's not my favourite primer but I find it works quite well with the Chi Chi shadows!


I used the light yellow, bronze and copper shades from the palette -- unfortunately none of the shades have names -- and although they don't seem (to my eye anyway) to immediately go together as well as shades from other palettes I have, they do blend together really well. I packed the light yellow shade on the inner corner of my eyelid and around my tear duct area with my ring finger. Next, I took the bronze on an eye shadow brush and packed it onto the centre of my lid. Finally, with the other side of the same brush, I packed the copper on the outer edge of my eye lid, winging it out just a touch.

Pretty easy, right?

What I found both pleasant and surprising was that I didn't need to do any blending! The colours blended together very well on their own, and the gradient seems, to me, quite natural.

Following the easiest eye shadow application ever, I did a simple, natural wing with the Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner (also known as the greatest liner in human history -- but that's one girl's humble opinion), then applied a few coats of L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Wings Mascara.


The next step was to finish off the rest of my face. I'm given to understand that BB cream here is usually rather thin compared to others elsewhere in the world, so the coverage might not be too full, depending on how heavy your hand is. You don't need to put any powder on top of BB cream, so I usually don't, but today I wanted just a touch more coverage. I buffed in MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Powder in "Medium" over my skin, then contoured my cheeks with MAC Bronzing Powder in "Matte Bronze". Blush is sometimes a bit of a tricky decision, but I ended up going with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in "Luminous Flush". A peachy or coral blush would work really well, but I felt like applying a very light, natural pink.

Brows? What brows? You can do your brows however you like, but for something nice and easy, I didn't. I just wiped them over with a bit of wet tissue to remove any makeup that might've gotten on them.

Liner on, mascara on, face finished... Easy, see?
The final, and often the most fun part of this look... the lipstick! Even though the eye shadow is orange-y/gold, I do kind of feel like you could pair it with many different shades of lipstick, depending on what you plan on wearing.

Now, you could go for something orange or coral, which I feel like is the obvious choice...

Wearing Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate in "12"

Or, perhaps, when you decided to try on and then remove as many lipsticks as I did, you'll want to put on something sheer and hydrating.

Wearing Lipstick Queen Medieval Tinted Treatement

Curious to see how other colours look with this makeup? Take a look at the products that I used below!

An army of lip products!
 Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick -- "Starry-Eyed"
 
 MAC Rebel
 
 MAC Viva Glam Rihanna I
 
 MAC Damn Glamorous
 
 Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids -- "Hot Plum"
 
 CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm -- "Haute Pink Twist"
 
 Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick -- "Piccadilly Pink"
 
I hope you enjoyed this easy but cute look of mine! What kind of lipstick would you wear with this?
 
Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment