Thursday 7 August 2014

Product Review: CoverGirl Bombshell Intensity Liner by LashBlast

Upon reflection, it's strange to say that CoverGirl is one of my favourite brands -- until last week, I barely had any of their products. I'm going to say that it's because CoverGirl is the first brand of makeup I ever owned -- a compact foundation given to me for Christmas from my parents -- but other than a mascara, my collection was lacking. That was until I saw a couple of CoverGirl lip products. My eyes were naturally drawn from them to a new mascara and then to the eyeliner next to it.

CoverGirl Bombshell Intensity Liner by LashBlast
I've not had a good run with CoverGirl eyeliners in the past, but I bought this anyway, hoping that I'd be proven wrong. The last one I purchased had been the LineExact Liquid Liner (a complete bust) and I noticed that the Bombshell Intensity Liner looked to be about the same shape. I hoped that it would be very different.

I was as wrong as Oberyn Martell in his battle with the Mountain. I underestimated my opponent and I suffered a humiliating defeat (although for Oberyn, that's putting it mildly).

First of all: opening the damned thing. It was bloody well almost impossible. I thought I just had weak hands -- sometimes I can't get the cap off a bottle of iced tea -- but my brother -- who can get the cap off bottles of iced tea -- wasn't able to either. My stepfather, whose strength compared to mine is considerable to that of the Mountain's, was also unsuccessful. We didn't know if it was a cap or a screw top, but either way, it wasn't coming off. My stepfather eventually got it off with the help of a set of pliers, but the packaging now has ugly-looking plier marks on it -- teeth marks too, which my stepfather had logically tried first.

I didn't even bother trying to take additional photos. Instead, I took high-quality webcam shots of my deep disappointment.
The nib itself like rather like a pen (as opposed to a brush) which makes it rather easy to apply. It has a clickity-clack feature when you shake it -- and given that my statement likely makes no sense whatsoever, please envision those liquid paper (or white-out, whatever you call it) pens. You know how they make a clickity-clack sound? This eyeliner does the same.

The colour of the liner is nice -- inky black, which is lucky, as I happened to buy the shade Pitch Black Passion. It's a shame it didn't last.

Like my LineExact Liquid Liner, the Bombshell Intensity Liner was as ill-fated as the Titanic -- but whereas the LineExact lasted two applications, the Bombshell barely lasted one. I got a nice wing on my right eye, but I struggled to get any product on my left -- in fact, I ended up going over it with another liquid liner, which in my Padawan opinion speaks as to its appalling performance. I do not spend so long on my makeup each morning to have to redo it immediately. No.

Feeling so cold about this product that I put my hoodie back on.
I had sincerely hoped that this product might be different from the LineExact, that I'd somehow ended up with a dud from the supermarket that first time, but given that the Bombshell line is new to Australia, I don't think so. It seems to me that this is the same product in different packaging, and CoverGirl will need to make some changes if I'm to purchase this again.

The only thing stopping this product from getting a flat out "F" is the fact that I was able to get anything out of this product at all.

Padawan Product Rating: D

Have you tried this product before? Were you as disappointed as I was, or will you surprise me with positive feedback?

Sarah xo

2 comments:

  1. Ahh this doesn't sounds as a nice product, sorry it was a miss for you. I've never heard of it before but I guess I will pass on this one,I' sure you will find something better next time, thank you for the helpful review^_^~

    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like my review doesn't begin to describe my disappointment! I'm glad you found the review helpful, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete