Now that I do, I'm once again all over it!
These are the rules I'm following:
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you (and link back to them).
- Nominate 11 blogs with under 300 followers on Bloglovin'.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Tell them you've nominated them!
11 Facts About Me
- I don't like fruit. I'll eat some apples -- and berries if it's in yoghurt, cheesecake or pies -- but otherwise no.
- I can speak a good deal of Japanese, although I'm not as fluent as I used to be.
- I used to study archaeology, but had to switch due to university budget cuts.
- I have a knack of picking up accents.
- Because of this knack, I tend to speak in one when I'm either nervous or in a self-conscious environment -- usually northern English, but sometimes Scottish.
- I bought Psycho on a whim with the rationale that it couldn't be that scary because it was 50 years old. I was wrong.
- I like to eat chips with ice cream.
- My favourite actresses are Jena Malone, Perdita Weeks and Charity Wakefield (because I haven't mentioned that a hundred times already this year).
- My favourite historical figure is Lady Jane Grey.
- I've totally got a crush on the late Howard Keel.
- My brother and I went through a stage where we'd The Emperor's New Groove so many times that we could quote the entire film back and forth to each other.
Karin's Questions for Me1. What inspires you to keep blogging?
The fact that I've started blogging in the first place! I love blogging about makeup, I love doing the odd cooking and tag post, but now that I've got my blog up and running, I want to prove to myself that I can keep doing it.
2. What is the high end/luxury product that is your favourite?
I do love that Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette with my Rae Morris brush.
3. What is your favourite film?
Silver Linings Playbook, hands down. There was something about that film that struck a chord with me.
4. What is your favourite thing to write about?
I'm not too sure that I have a clear cut favourite yet, but I really enjoy doing tag posts! I like answering all the questions, sometimes they give me something to think about.
5. Why did you start blogging?
Pad Thai. Super gross pad Thai.
6. If you could be any character from any book or TV show ever, who would you be and why?
Ohh, man, I don't know! I could say any number of characters, but I wouldn't really work being me as them, if you get what I mean. Sooo, I want to say Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice, because she's sassy and strong and stubborn. -- Her or Sailor Moon. Because ass-kicking superpowers.
7. Who's your blogger best friend?
Danielle from Confessions of a Beauty School Dropout.
8. What's the best piece of advice that you've ever been given?
The weird thing is, while I've been given advice before, I've never received a "best piece". That's not to say that all the advice I've ever gotten is rubbish, but I feel like if I'd ever received any outstanding advice, it would've stuck in my mind.
9. What's your dream job?
I'd love to be a genealogist. I'm really, really good at it and I'd love to do it -- but unfortunately it just won't get me a sustainable living. The second is an archaeologist. I actually studied archaeology for a few years but I had to give it up because my university stopped offering the subjects I wanted and I couldn't afford to move interstate. So English teacher it is! How thrilling and full of adventure!
10. Which Friends character are you most like?
Monica. I've had this conversation with my best friend many, many times and I'm Monica. I'm kinda crazy and neurotic.
11. What's your worst habit?
I think I have this habit to poke holes in any argument that comes my way. It's not something that I do consciously, and it's not because of any particular opinions that I have, it just seems to be my default way of thinking. It's difficult to explain, really.
And I'd like to nominate...
- Arianne || Ayre
- Emma || Peace Love Vintage
- Emily || A Little Bit of Life
- Meg || Aloha Kittens (although I know you've just done one!)
- Carmen || Paint Powder and Polish
- Kimberley || Pop Couture
- Bess || bsarahoates
- Charlotte || Sheepishly Shameful
- Isabelle || Tainted Blues
- Kathryn || The Kats Paws
- Fleur || Our Urban Box
These are your questions!
- Which do you think may come first: flying cars or teleportation?
- You get to be any monarch of any nation from any point in time, be it the 12th century or the 21st, for a week. Who are you, and why?
- What are your thoughts on the new Pantone Colour of the Year?
- Are you an Apple or an Android person?
- What's your favourite lip product?
- Have you ever watched Power Rangers?
- Favourite flavour of ice cream! -- Or, if you don't like ice cream, your favourite dessert!
- If you were a character from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which one do you think you'd be?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Have you ever been overseas?
- If you could live in any country, where would you live and why?