Wednesday 4 February 2015

January Favourites 2015

I'm not one who usually posts favourites, mostly because I feel that I tend to gravitate towards the same kinds of products month after month -- and who wants to see that? There's also the fact that when I try to think about what I've used over the last month, I've forgotten whatever it was that I enjoyed most, which looks really stupid and self-defeating.

I worked enough in January that my options for playing with makeup were limited, but nevertheless I found myself reaching for a few items continually.

This is them.


Too Faced Shadow Insurance || I usually have a problem with this primer. It would seem to separate in the tube, I could never really see any huge difference in how this made my eye shadow last -- it was very, very "meh". I've been trying to use this up for the last month, and it's really kind of OK. I've experienced very little creasing with the shadows that I've used, but this is regularly the case with brands such as Makeup Revolution and Klara Cosmetics.

Makeup Revolution Girls on Film Palette || A great collection of neutral colours, it was perfect for January. I'm not always allowed to wear a face full of crazy colours when I'm at work, but this palette still allowed me to experiment while keeping it in line with work regulations. The colours work beautifully together and last all day -- what else do you expect from Makeup Revolution? I'm working on a Day to Night post with this palette, so stay tuned!

Estee Lauder Automatic Eye Pencil Duo in "Jet Black" || This is a great makeup staple in my collection. I've often used this in my waterline and it lasts the longest of all of my eye pencils. My waterlines are quite, y'know, watery, and nothing lasts too long, but I re-discovered this gem in January and essentially used it all month long.

Revlon Lip Butter in "Elsa-Freakin'-Blue" "Invite Only" || A shockingly amazing addition to my lipstick collection, I love this because it's actually really sheer. It has the faintest trace of icy blue that is almost undetectable on the lips, and it's so moisturising that I've sometimes preferred it to a lip balm when I have a full face on. I don't know how readily available this is, because it's not on the Revlon website and I've only seen it in-store twice (once the day I bought it and today!) -- so if you can find it, nab it!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in "Soft Beige" || A recent addition to my foundation family, I've come to really enjoy wearing it. It usually lasts me all day and it works well with a loose powder as well to stay matte. I don't necessarily know that it makes me look more alert, but then I've never been known for noticing a difference in my skin.

That's it for my favourites this month -- what were yours?

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment