Friday 27 January 2017

The Actual Diary Bit Vol. 5 | 16th Jan to 22nd Jan

Monday, January 16th || I had my interview today! I had to drive for about half an hour or so to get to the place, but I don't mind this because it's far enough from where I live that I shouldn't be running into anyone outside of work hours. It's awkward when it happens. I think the interview went as well as it could have, all things considered -- I'm not confident that I'll get the job by any means, but I don't think I completely tanked. I went to the library afterwards, met up with my brothers there and kept reading Brooklyn, which has been the next book on my Reading Challenge list. That ending. :| Another little piece of info: I was asked by another place to come in for an interview! Even if I'm unsuccessful at all these places, it'll be great experience.

Post-interview ramen.
Tuesday, January 17th || Wanted to blog, but was just not feeling it! I did some laundry, made some chocolate croissants again -- only eight this time, though -- and, despite the 38 degree heat, huddled up on the couch with a blanket because the air con was turned up so high. I've been watching cop shows lately on Netflix, and I ended up napping while one of them was on. What is it with me and napping lately? I should find out tomorrow whether or not I've gotten the job that I had an interview for yesterday. I don't think I have, because one of my referees told me she'd message me if anyone called her, and I haven't heard a peep.

Oh well!
Look at that warm, chocolatey, croissanty goodness.
Wednesday, January 18th || Didn't end up hearing anything about the job, but I guess that's to be expected to a degree. They always take a long time at these things. I was also hoping that some of my stickers from Etsy might arrive -- two orders were shipped out on the same day last week, but I only got one yesterday. Even so, no luck for me!

Etsy goodness!
Thursday, January 19th || It was another uneventful day for me. I did a whole lot of housework and I prepared for the interview I have tomorrow. I had cop shows playing throughout the day again, but at least I didn't nap as well! I had work as well that evening, so I couldn't afford to sleep and be late. To include a little makeup talk (because I really have nothing else!), I used the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I'm getting a little bored of the palettes that are in my rotation so I'll have to change it up soon.

Friday, January 20th || The day of my second interview! I thought it went alright, and I was told that they wanted to make a decision by the end of the day, possibly early next week if things slowed down. I figured I might hear back next week, considering I haven't heard back from the first place, but I found out two hours after my interview that I didn't get the job. That being said, they gave me really good feedback, and I think the experience will just make me better prepared for future interviews, you know?

Post-interview karaage.
Saturday, January 21st || Today marked a momentous occasion! I introduced my mother to How to Get Away with Murder and she absolutely loves it. I haven't finished the first season yet, but we binge-watched the first half and the only reason why we didn't keep going after midnight was that I have work at 8am tomorrow! Hopefully we'll get to watch some more tomorrow after my shift ends.

Sunday, January 22nd || Had a long, uneventful shift at work today. I've begun thinking that I might need to cut down on the length of my Sunday shifts. It will mean needing to pick up another shift in order to keep my contract, but my back seems to get worse after so long on my feet. It can take a day or two to clear up, so it's something that I have to think about.

Some kind of delicious chicken pasta dish Mum made from leftovers!
Anyway, that's what I got up to in the previous week! I want to know: Have you watched any good TV shows lately? I'll run out of things on Netflix eventually!

This post was brought to you by a woman who ate a lot of tasty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment