Thursday 10 March 2016

A Universally Acknowledged Killer Duo from BH Cosmetics!

It's a brand that I've somehow heard of -- I'm not sure from whom -- but seldom seem to read about. Indeed, if blog posts have appeared on my Bloglovin' feed, it's very possible that I've ignored them lately. I've been so busy with my thesis of late that I only have time to quickly glance through my feed every few days.

Kah-razy!

Despite that, I saw a post in passing about the Pride + Prejudice + Zombies collection from BH Cosmetics, and I was just... All the yes. You know what I'm talking about, right? When you see a piece of makeup and your heart just sings. That compulsive, instantaneous desire to either own what you see before you -- or die.

Alright, Shae, reign in the Drama Llama.
BH Cosmetics - Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Eye + Cheek Palette; Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Lip Gloss Collection
BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Lip Gloss Collection (left);
Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Eye + Cheek Palette (right)
BH Cosmetics released two Pride + Prejudice + Zombies products recently-ish, and I was no less than compelled to pick them up. All of my friends know that I'm a Janeite -- if there's an adaptation of any of her books, I've seen it. I've read all of her books many, many times (except, oddly enough, for Persuasion. I do own it, but I've never opened it. Maybe because it's part of a heavy-ass omnibus.). At one stage I was in the Top 10 for Australia in the Jane Austen category on Quiz Up.

Let's not talk about that, though. I become embarrassingly competitive when I want to win.

BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Eye + Cheek Palette
BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Eye + Cheek Palette

I think these products are pretty neat! There's an eye and cheek palette, and a lip gloss collection -- both of which are pretty affordable. Given the price point and the lack of reviews on the trusty internet, I didn't really hold any high expectations for either items; the palette is $16.50 US, and the lip gloss set is $12.50 US -- and they're frequently on sale for a good deal less. Even the postage wasn't all that expensive, though it is cumulative: the more you buy, the more you pay, but it wasn't exorbitant.

I've been playing around with these products for the last couple of weeks, I'm playing around with the idea of doing in-depth reviews on them -- y'know, thesis permitting -- but barring one or two little issues, my thoughts are largely positive.

BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Lip Gloss Collection
BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Lip Gloss Collection

Worth buying? I think it comes down to extent to which you worship the Almighty Austen. If the thought of Pride and Prejudice anything is enough to send you into a frothy-mouthed, zombie rampage, I think you might just kick yourself if you missed out! If you were seriously strapped for cash, I'd recommend the lip gloss set -- if you're into lip gloss. I think it's something a little different, especially if you're an eyeshadow fiend and own a thousand palettes, and you could unleash your inner Bennet sister.

I'm going to leave it here for today, and sign off!

Oh, but on a related topic: have you seen Pride + Prejudice + Zombies yet? I haven't yet, but I enjoyed the book so much, and the film looks so kick ass!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, this looks incredible! I'm totally digging the colors in that lipgloss kit. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on em'!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, absolutely have a go at getting it! It's crazily affordable, and they're nicer in-person than they look in the tube.

      Delete