Wednesday 26 March 2014

First Post!

What does one even write on a first post?

I've been scratching my head for a little while, trying to figure out what you're supposed to write -- I even looked at the first posts of the blogs that I follow -- and in the end I realised that there's no clear template, and that I'd better just write something.

So here is me, writing something.

What do I plan to write about here? I know very little about the world of makeup. Six months ago, my look was as glamorous as foundation, mascara and eyeliner -- products like primer, lip gloss, and eye shadow were either optional or non-existent in my life. As I learn about different products and techniques, I'm likely to get things really, really wrong. This is the place where I plan to make fun of myself as I do so!

The same goes for any lifestyle aspects of my blog. I like to try new things when I cook -- new things in my family basically means anything that isn't schnitzel, spaghetti or curry. Sometimes these recipes are a smashing hit, sometimes they're a complete disaster. In fact, one of the things that really pushed me to start this blog was a dish I cooked last week: an amazingly gross, salty-as-the-sea pad thai. I ate it, don't get me wrong, but it's something that I'm never trying again.

If I find a recipe that is awesome, or one that sucks, I want to be able to share it! Likewise with any beauty products, if I see something that is really cool or not so great, I want to write about it.

That's about all I have for now, I'll write back soon!

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment