So, let's get to it!
1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?Not really, I can just about read anywhere. I do like sitting somewhere comfy, though, like on the sofa.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?People are going to throw things at me, but a lot of the time I tend to fold the page corner! Otherwise, it's about an equal weighting between bookmark and piece of paper. I'm currently using one of each, but I'll make a special effort with the bookmark if the book itself doesn't belong to me.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?I can just stop reading -- I nearly always remember where I left off.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?Not usually, not if it's recreational -- unless it's a main meal. I tend to be so engrossed by the book that I forget about things like food and drink. That being said, however, I do sometimes snack if I'm reading for a paper. It helps keep my brain going, because sometimes those books are really boring.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music when reading?I don't "watch" TV as such, but I'll have a DVD playing in the background if the reading is related to studying. This is to drown out household noise; I can tune a DVD out better!
6. One book at a time or several at once?I'd like to be "one at a time", but I always tend to be several at once.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?Everywhere, even on public transport!
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?Silently in my head, 99% of the time. Occasionally I get this stupid idea in my head that I'll read aloud and do different voices just to entertain myself -- then three pages later, I'm like, "Yeah, that was stupid."
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?Never! I don't understand why people do it on purpose! I can sometimes feel my eyes trying to if I'm getting impatient with finding out what's supposed to happen in the next moment, but I make myself stay on the page I'm meant to be on.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?If the book is expensive or new, I'd like to keep the spine looking new, at least for a while. Obviously it takes a lot of care, but hey, if the spine breaks, it breaks. That being said, if the book belongs to a friend and the spine isn't broken, I'll try to keep it unbroken -- hey, maybe they like a straight spine.
11. Do you write in books?Only if I'm using them as part of study, and only in pencil -- this way I can erase it later. I detest highlighting or writing in pen and I don't see why people would do that -- how can you enjoy a book when you've got passages shouting out at you in bright yellow?!
12. What are you currently reading?I'm currently reading two books: "Voyager" by Diana Gabaldon, and "Children of England: The Heirs of Henry VIII" by Alison Weir.
That's it for this tag post! Who to tag next...? If you've got the letter 'S' in your name anywhere, you've been tagged! Heck, if you feel like it, do it even if you don't have the letter 'S' in your name! Please leave me a comment with a link when you do, I'd love to see what books you're reading.