Friday 18 July 2014

Drugstore Haul #3

Last week, Priceline were having a 50% off Rimmel sale and, as I absolutely adore Rimmel, I thought I should stock up on some more lip products -- lately, I've really wanted expand my colour range. As it happened, I hardly got anything that I'd set out to get and ended up buying things that I'd had no intention of buying when I'd walked in! Isn't that always the way?


Real Techniques Your Eyes Enhanced Starter Set || "What is that?" you say. "Are those brushes dirty?" Why yes, yes they are. I tried to resist using them until I took the photo for this post but I just couldn't! I've wanted more eye shadow brushes for a while, especially as I think I did something to my Mecca ones to make them go a little funky, and these are an absolute dream to use. I think I'm in love with them. This set comes with (from left to right): a deluxe crease brush, a base shadow brush, an accent brush, a fine liner brush, and a brow brush. I probably won't get much use out of the last one, because I don't do my brows at all, but who knows what kind of ideas I'll get for it!
 


Real Techniques On Location Travel Essentials || I can't lie, I bought this for one reason: the multi task brush. If my memory serves me correctly, you cannot buy this brush separately, it only comes in this kit. Lauren Curtis has raved about this brush -- I think this brush -- several times in her past videos, and she's the top Australian beauty YouTuber, so... If she thinks it's the bomb dot com, I'm willing to give it a go. This kit also comes with a foundation brush and a domed shadow brush.


Essie No Chips Ahead Top Coat || I've used this too, over the top of a MAC nail polish. I've wanted a decent top coat for a while and Essie has always seemed like a reliable brand. I think I'll have to road test this a little longer before I make up my mind about it.


Max Factor Max Effect Dip-In Eye Shadow in "Vibrant Turquoise" || I wasn't going to buy this at all. It wasn't on sale and even though I'd picked it up a couple of times, I'd put it back on the shelf. I wanted this to practice a look I've been playing with -- and so naturally that meant I caved and put it in my basket.


Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in "Stellar" and "Big Bang" || I really like "Apocaliptic", so I thought I should grab a couple more of these beauties. "Stellar" looks like a bright coral pink; "Big Bang" looks like a blue-toned red on first appearance. I'm excited to use these, and I think it'll be interesting to see if they bleed like "Apocaliptic".


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in "Amethyst Shimmer", "Sugar Plum" and "Starry-Eyed" || I'd intended to buy more Moisture Renew lipsticks, but the variety available at Priceline wasn't that great so I bought a few of these instead. There weren't any testers for me to look at the tube, and as a result I was relatively surprised by the colours when I opened the tube -- "Amethyst Shimmer" and "Sugar Plum" look very, very similar, unfortunately. I'm hoping they'll wear differently but I don't have much faith in the formula -- there are some tell-tale cracks in the lipstick tube.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in "Ivory" || I've seen this used a couple of times in YouTube tutorials and I thought I might give it a try. The shade isn't one I'd wear as a foundation, but I've seen it used as a kind of highlight, which is why I've gone for it.

And that's it for my most recent haul! What have you picked up lately?

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment