Tuesday 22 July 2014

Mecca Beauty Loop L2 Unboxing

I received an email from Mecca last week saying that my next Beauty Loop box was ready for pick-up! Naturally, this meant that I had to send my stepdad to get it (he so loves the jibes his work colleagues give him about carrying a bag from a makeup store) because he's a champ and I was very excited to see what kind of products my recently-upgraded Level 2 membership would get me! (Ahh, Level 2. I laugh on the outside but my bank account is crying.)

If you don't already know about Mecca Cosmetica and their Beauty Loop program, you can read about it here, which also details what I got in my last unboxing. This particular unboxing is a mixed bag for me, but that's because I already own a couple of the products in it. If I hadn't, I probably would've been stoked!

(NOTE: The pictures shown below are pictures from the Mecca Cosmetica website and are NOT a representation of the sample I actually received.)


Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF15 || This is one of the products I already have, and although it seems to be something of a cult classic, for me it isn't a favourite. That being said, don't think it doesn't work well! It's really good at prepping the skin and reducing redness, so I can definitely see how it's a favourite of some. I got the cutest little 5ml tube of this, exactly half the size of the travel-sized one I bought, putting the value of this sample at about $12.50. I don't think my mother has a primer, so I'm passing this onto her.

NARS Blush in "Deep Throat" || I got a sample of this quite recently when I was at Mecca Maxima -- it seemed to be an act of good will by the cashier for spending so much money! It's a nice blush, described as a "peach with shimmer", but I haven't really noticed any shimmer at all. This sample has 4g of product, which, I believe, is only slightly less than a full-sized one! If so, that puts the value of this sample at almost $40, which is amazing. I've passed this product onto my mother as well.


Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser || I always find myself stopping by the Malin+Goetz section at Mecca, peering at the bottles of face wash and body wash and wondering if they're any good. I got a little sachet of this, which really isn't enough for me to make an informed opinion, but hey, I won't say no, y'know? The sachet only has 1.2ml -- probably enough for one use and not worth very much, but a nice edition to the box all the same.


By Terry Baume de Rose || Sorry, Mum, you're not getting your paws on this! I'm always attracted to the shiny, expensive set-up that boasts the By Terry range, but my inner financial advisor always shouts at me, "Stop! You can't do it!" Baume de Rose seems to be a kind of signature product by By Terry and, as far as I can tell, it's just a super fancy lip balm -- which you can also use on your cuticles... I got a pot of this about the size of a gel eyeliner pot, containing 3g of product -- the value of which being about $25! That feels so expensive for a product only 30% of the size of the regular product, so I'm amazed! It's a very light pink colour and smells, as you may have guessed, of roses -- that's probably why it's so expensive. Reviews, however, seem to be mixed and the price tag is a definite deterrent.

That's it for this particular unboxing! Have you unboxed anything recently?

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment