Saturday 19 September 2015

Bellabox | August 2015: Beauty by Design

When I actually received the August Bellabox, I was thrilled -- in a sense, it was almost ironic, because I'd been relatively unexcited about the prospect of receiving it. Still, every single item in this month's box was a winner for me. I knew it was good when I opened up the cardboard parcel to find a card telling us that there wasn't a blue box because our samples were so big that they wouldn't fit! I think it probably would have all fit -- or maybe they just weren't able to close the lid -- but who doesn't love a lot of large samples, right?

Of course, I've only gotten my samples in a blue box for three out of the eight months I've received this box, so... Large samples or money saver? The cynic within has her ten seconds to shine.

Onto the box!


Nuxe RĂªve de Miel Face Cream || I've had a chance to use this a couple of times, and I'm sort of on the fence about it. It's quite a thick moisturiser, similar to the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Day Cream but without the funky smell. It's got a very light, slightly floral scent but it's not noticeable once applied on the face. I normally don't like my skin to feel like it's got moisturiser on it, if that makes any sense, and my skin is left with a kind of thick, tacky feeling that I don't enjoy -- but I have really enjoyed how moisturised my skin feels after it has had a decent chance to sink in. It really does do the job well if my skin is feeling a little drier than normal. A 50ml tub of this face cream retails for $39.99, and I received a 15ml tube worth $12.

Nip+Fab Skin Glycolic Fix Pads || I've always heard that Nip+Fab are a great brand, but I've sort of sensed an even greater hype since people found out that Kylie Jenner likes the brand. I'm interested in trying these to see how nice they are and how well they work. A 60pk retails for $29.95, and I received a little container of 5 worth roughly $2.50

Dermal Therapy Heal Balm Platinum || Feet are gross. My feet are gross. I dislike how my heels look and feel to the point where I don't get pedicures anymore, and I shudder at the thought of putting anything on them to fix it. I might actually be tempted to give this a go, if I can work up the courage enough. A 75g tube of this is $13.95, and I received a 3g pouch worth roughly 56c.

Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara || I've been using this since I received it, and I am in love with it. It's that perfect midway between natural lashes and voluminous lashes. I feel like it makes them longer, so they don't kind of disappear if I'm going for a super thick wing, but they also fan them and thicken them so I get a nice little boost of volume without any clumping. This one? Worth purchasing. I received a full sized product worth $24.95.

OGX Healing + Vitamin E Shampoo and Conditioner || I've received several shampoo samples lately, but I really like them. I used to worry about making sure that I could pack in full bottles of shampoo whenever I went anywhere -- was I crazy or what? I learnt how useful and long-lasting travel size shampoos were in 2012 and I have never looked back! I'm pretty excited at the idea of using these. I'm getting really tired of the shampoos that I currently have in my shower, so these will probably be good to switch it up. 385ml bottles of these retail at $17.99 each, and I received bottles that were 88.7ml, making them worth $4.15 each.

Skin & Co. Roma Truffle Therapy Serum || Now, as a fan of MasterChef, I know that truffles are a big deal in the cooking world -- so much so that there are even one or two episodes of Midsomer Murders where characters have been killed over them. (I know, I know -- I watch Midsomer Murders too much). This contains truffle oil, and is meant to restore skin's radiance, smooth out fine lines and give you a healthy, glowing complexion -- and the idea of putting it on my skin makes me really excited. I really enjoy using it, and the nutty scent that comes with it. Unfortunately, a 30ml tube of this will set you back $99.95 -- and so my teensy 5ml tube is worth about $16.66! Insane!

Price: $15 + $2.95 P&H
Bellabox Product Value: $64.97

If my above math is correct (and let's be real, math was never my strongest subject), that is crazy value for a beauty box that's just under $18. As you can tell, I absolutely loved the August box -- not a tanning product in sight! -- and I know I'm likely going to get use out of every single product. This one was an absolute winner, and I really hope that the boxes throughout the rest of the year are just as good!

Want to see what I've received in previous months? Simply clickity-click on the months below, to see other boxes that I've loved and loved less:


Which of these products do you like the look of most?

No comments:

Post a Comment