Friday 25 December 2015

You're It! The Christmas Tag

In November, the beautiful Emma from Peace Love Vintage tagged me to do the Christmas tag! The questions have been sitting in my drafts folder for a little while, and I had meant to answer them about a month ago, but I don't think I could have been in a less Christmassy mood this year!

Seriously, no joke. This year I was just... plain disinterested. I couldn't have cared less, and ultimately I think it was because of the stress with uni; I submitted an assignment two days ago, and I still have more to write! Let me tell you, right now I feel as though doing a Masters degree is not worth it.

Excuse this terrible graphic, please.
Still, once again, I'm feeling a little better about Christmas right now. By the time this post goes live, it'll be the end of Christmas Day in Australia -- I'll have finished a gruelling Christmas Eve shift, will have swapped KK presents with my colleagues (yay!) and, hopefully, will have had a chilled out and relaxed day with my family.

Anyway, without further ado, here are my Christmastime tag answers!

1. Do you prefer a real tree or synthetic?
I'm not really fussed either way. I suppose I prefer a real tree because the scent it leaves in the house is wonderful, but in reality I'd probably purchase a synthetic one.

2. You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
I generally already have a general idea about the kind of drink that I want (i.e. coffee, not coffee, hot, cold) and then let the specials board decide whether or not I go with something new. I'm a Gloria Jeans girl, and last time I was there I had their Chocolate Mint Chiller -- perfect for those really hot days!

3. What's your favourite colour scheme for decorating the house?
We don't decorate the house for Christmas. The tree, yes; the house, no.

4. To mince pie or not to?
Absolutely not. Mince pies are an abomination.

5. What's on your plate when Christmas dinner is served?
We always spend lunch on Christmas Day at my grandmother's, so my plate then is usually the same: a little bit of roast chicken, a little bit of timpana (Maltese pasta) and a whole lot of delicious roast potatoes!

6. What's your Christmas day style?
I don't really have a style! I just wake up and decide what it is to wear -- maybe this year a maxi dress? Who knows!

7. What Christmas movie could you watch again and again?
I guess Nativity! I determined last year (which was when I became the Grinch) that a Christmas movie is a film that is about Christmas, not merely set during Christmas (so, Love Actually and Home Alone don't count). You can read about that here if you're interested.

8. Do you open presents before or after lunch?
We always open presents after dinner on Christmas Eve, usually at about 10pm or so. We often then exchange small gifts within the immediate family on Christmas morning, before breakfast.

9. Name one tradition your family does each Christmas.
For us, the big day is Christmas Eve! The extended family all gets together, rotating at different houses, and we all have dinner before exchanging gifts well after dinner. We go home very late, all stuffed full of food, ready again for a delicious lunch the next day at my grandparents' house!

10. Online gift shopping or Christmas market shopping?
Reading Emma's answer had me a little confused about what a Christmas market is! I don't think we have specific "Christmas" markets in Australia -- but perhaps I'm wrong. I know that I prefer going to a shopping centre instead of shopping online; sure, online is more convenient, but sometimes I actually like to see things in person.

That it's from me for this tag! Once again, thank you so much Emma for nominating me to do it! If you haven't already looked at Emma's blog, go and check it out -- it's one of my favourites.

Want to do the tag for yourself? Go ahead, and let me know when you do! I love reading tag posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment