Tuesday 11 August 2015

Bellabox | July 2015: Beauty Wanderer

Given that I'm the Queen of Tardiness when it comes to posting about things that are limited edition or arrive on my doorstep in a tardy manner, but never fear! The July Bellabox actually arrived fairly close to the end of the month, so I feel fairly guiltless in posting this now.

I'm not 100% sure about the motivation by titling this box "Beauty Wanderer" except that it might be about the whole 'travel-friendly makeup' thing. Given, however, that the majority of the products in the Bellabox are not full-sized... I don't know. What I do know was that it didn't come in the signature blue Bellabox container, and it contained a few interesting items.


Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream || I have that many foundation and BB cream samples that getting another... eh. Still, you can't deny that they're useful and I know that I will eventually get around to using it. If I have any concern with this product, it's with the words "glow time" but I've looked into it a little and it seems like there aren't any bronzing properties in this BB cream. A 50ml tube of this costs $72, and I got a 2ml sample worth about $2.88.

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré || Another moisturiser to add to my growing stash -- but at least it's not from Palmer's! This moisturiser is meant to nourish, repair, plump and smooth skin, so it sounds quite promising. I tend to keep sample moisturisers next to my bed so as to use them, but I'm using a tub at the moment, so I'll be tucking this away until the next day I go somewhere. A 75ml tube costs $75, and I received a 5ml tube worth around $2.33.

ModelCo. Shadow Stick - "Portofino" || This product annoys me a little -- not because it's a shadow stick, not because it's ModelCo., but because of its teeny tiny little size. I recall getting an email from Bellabox about this product -- they always make something of a big deal about one of the products in the box -- so I assumed that we'd get a full sized product; so, something larger than what we got. I then tried to look into it a little more, and I think that what we received is the standard full-sized product, because you can purchase a pack of 4 for $39 (yeah, that's not a typo) and they seem to be about the same size. The shade I received was "Portofino", which looks like a shimmery mauve. Individually, it's worth about $9.75.

Palmolive Acai Berry Body Polish || This one I do like. I have numerous body washes at home, but I'm constantly finding that I want to change them up based on my mood, and this will help add more variety again! I don't believe I've used any of the Palmolive body washes before, because up until recently I wasn't a huge body wash person, but they always look so pretty on the supermarket shelves that I cannot wait to try this! I thought that you were able to buy this body polish in this size at the supermarket, but I haven't been able to find it. The sample itself is worth around 84c, based on a 400ml cost of $6.99.

JBronze Instant Tanning Cream - "Medium" || Bah, another tanning product. This went straight to my mother, who told me she occasionally uses tanning products on her legs in the summer. I received a full-sized 90ml product worth $24.95.

Bioderma Sébium Gel Moussant || This will also be pretty interesting to use as well. This is a "purifying cleansing foaming gel" is that appropriate for combination or oily skin, and is meant to help with acne and control sebum secretion. I don't know whether or not it will make any difference to the latter, but I'm looking for products that will help me with the former, so I will enjoy using this. A 200ml bottle is $17.99, and I received 15ml tube worth about $1.42.

Price: $15 + $2.95 P&H
Bellabox Product Value: $42.17

Overall, I don't think it was a bad month for Bellabox, but I wasn't too blown away by the box in general. I'm always left a bit "eh" about tanning products and I have read posts where people will blast a company for including something that they don't use (i.e. nail polish, tanning products, etc) but I don't really think there's any point. Plenty of people use these products, and I know that I would've been stoked to get these things has I been one of them -- and it turns out people I know will use them, so I'm happy that they're not going to waste!

Want to see what I've received in previous months? Simply clickity-clack on the appropriate months to see which boxes I've loved and which I've loved less:

 
Did you get the July Bellabox? Which of these products do you like the most?
 
Shae xo

No comments:

Post a Comment