Here are the rules for the Top Ten Tag
Copy and paste everything in bold.
This tag was made by Jessica Vannan at Pretty Chit Chat.
I was tagged by nobody -- I've just picked it up myself!
Tag who you would like to nominate.
I would like to nominate:
- Amy, at Style Storms
- Emma, at The Bravest Individual
- Karin, at Karin J R
- Jemma, at Dorkface
- Celine, at Celine Avenue
1. Foundation | MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 Liquid Foundation in "NW20"Is this my holy grail foundation? No, honestly, it isn't, but I've only ("only"? ) got two foundations, and I prefer this one over the other one that I have. I find it difficult to match myself with foundations, and I haven't yet made it a priority to go to a high-end counter and get someone to do it for me. Still, this isn't a bad foundation and it's definitely stood the test of time.
2. Powder | Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation in "30 Watts"I don't actually use this with my MAC foundation, I use the Mineralize Finish powder because I think that works better with it, but I find myself preferring the Stila powder if push comes to shove. It's been able to keep me fairly matte throughout the whole day and it does a lovely job of blurring my imperfections.
3. Concealer | Benefit Perk Up ArtistThis has got it all: a corrector, a concealer, and a brightener, to help you with all of your concealing needs, as well as a double-ended mini concealer brush! I adore mine, and find that it matches my probably light-medium skin tone really, really well. I've hit pan on the corrector because I find that I sometimes just need that to diminish any appearances of blemishes. The brightener, a salmon pink to counteract tired eyes, I don't use too often, but I think it would do the trick for those who need it.
4. Blush | Hourglass Ambient Lighting BlushThis was the first high end purchase I ever made and I fell in love with it immediately. I have two of these beauties now -- "Radiant Magenta" and "Luminous Flush" -- and I think that they are absolutely gorgeous. A really amazing, pigmented blush that seems to last really well on me, I'd definitely take this with me if my house were burning down! I've been reaching for "Luminous Flush" lately, simply because it's newer and a bit lighter, and I've been loving it. Definitely worth the investment!
5. Bronzer | MAC Bronzing PowderIs this the best bronzer on the market? In all honesty, it probably isn't, but it's the only one I've got and I quite like it. Mine is in "Matte Bronze" and I find that it's very easy to use given that I know very little about contouring.
6. Highlighter | Hourglass Ambient Lighting WardrobeThere is rarely a day that goes by that I don't use this little beauty. I tend to gravitate towards "Incandescent Light" the most, sometimes in place of blush if I'm going for a cooler, slightly darker look -- does that mean I'm using it wrong? Occasionally I'll sweep "Dim Light" over my forehead, or I might mix in a little "Radiant Light" with my bronzer. I'm still trying to think of ideas on how to use that one.
7. Mascara | Too Faced Better Than Sex MascaraThere are a few drugstore mascaras which have really impressed me, but this... This baby is my Holy Grail. I have never been so impressed by a mascara on the first use as I have been by this one -- which is why I gave it a glowing review.
8. Eye shadow | Too Faced Chocolate Bar PaletteI do have a few other eye shadow palettes -- and a couple of them, I really like -- but this one, full of really versatile neutrals, is normally my go-to. Occasionally I feel a little embarrassed when I think about how it's usually the only palette I tend to use when I'm thinking about doing an eye look for the blog, but hey, I consider it a makeup staple.
9. Brows | N/AShock confession: I don't do my brows! I was born with strong brows and really dark hair, which I've been led to believe is unbelievably good -- a friend of mine once asked me what I put in my brows and she didn't believe me when I said I didn't use anything. Seriously, this was about two years ago and I had no idea that you could do anything to them! I decided to experiment one crazy morning a few weeks ago, and I filled them in with "Triple Fudge" from the Chocolate Bar palette, but I'm not sure if I saw a really substantial difference. I normally just clean any makeup off them with a bit of damp cloth and the caterpillars are ready to go.
10. Lip Product | Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss in "Crystal Clear"This isn't a new line, it isn't an extensive line, but when it comes down to it, if you told me that I could only have one lip product, I'd probably pick this (after stashing everything else in my pockets, of course). I have heaps of beautiful lipsticks and expensive glosses, but a clear gloss is elegant, it's pretty and it goes with everything.
And that's it for my Top Ten! If I've tagged you, be sure to drop me a link so that I can see your post!
RIP Claflin (07.11.13 - 31.08.14)